DR HOUSE Index du Forum
  S’enregistrer FAQ Rechercher Membres Groupes Profil Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés Connexion 
Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés
Hugh Laurie Interview in Brazil

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    DR HOUSE Index du Forum -> Les acteurs -> Hugh Laurie
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
Nine

MessagePosté le: Mar 8 Jan - 12:10 (2008)    Sujet du message: Hugh Laurie Interview in Brazil Répondre en citant

Cette interview vient de http://www.houseisright.com/, il est dit qu'une fan (Bia Regina) la traduit en anglais:

Why do you think the series still has such a large audience even during 4th season?
I’m a little superstitious to answer this question. It seems that if I or someone in the show someday finds out an answer to this question the success will evaporate. If someday we think we’ve got the magic formula or that we understand why this character or that story was just right, everything will fade away… I’m unwilling to speculate.

But why do you think it still has such a loyal audience?
I’ve got some private theories about it. There are elements in the character that appeals to many different people. I think House appeals to the young people because he is a rebel, doesn’t play within the rules, is impatient with the authorities and other traits typical of young people. I also think he appeals to the older audience because of his irritation with the political correctness of the modern world. I also think that there are amazing stories; the writers keep surprising me with the complication and the sophistication of the stories.

Is House so popular because he is a misanthrope?
I guess, yeah, it’s a bit because of that. I think that a lot of people in their daily life have some thoughts that they would like to express but don’t because they are trying to move up in the professional hierarchy or something like that. They tend to stick to social conventions so the person who doesn’t follow the social rules, and is free to say whatever he wants is liberating. What gives House this freedom is the fact that he doesn’t care what anyone thinks, doesn’t consider the opinions of his peers or his patients, he doesn’t give a damn what they may think about him. It’s something that none of us can do, not if we don’t want to go to jail or a legal proceeding. (laughs).

Which has been your favorite case?
Wow! I think it was in the second season, when House got obsessed with the strength of a little girl who was dying because a brain tumor. (It’s the second episode of the second season, “Autopsy”) he got suspicious of the girl’s strength and suspected that, in fact, it was a symptom of the tumor and thought it was causing a change in her personality. And, misanthrope as he is, he became skeptical about a virtue such as strength; he just can’t accept it. And it’s interesting he deduced the fact that the behavior could be a symptom of disease but not a normal human virtue. The best part of the story is that in the end, he was wrong and had to admit that there is human kindness and virtue, and he had to admit he was wrong. It’s interesting and challenging for the writers to show this kind of skepticism and cynicism. It’s a wonderful story.

What is your opinion of the way the fourth season has changed things?
I got a bit apprehensive at first, but when I started reading the scripts it made all sense for me. The idea of interviewing 40 candidates would break the tedium and House would get to have some fun and he would also get the chance to annoy his employees.

What did you think about the “contenders”?
They brought a fantastic energy to the series. I can’t talk about all 40 names because I’m an egotistical actor and never remember the name of the others. (laughs). When we began the series we had only six characters and I think the writers got to a point where they needed to play with new combinations and to explore other kinds of relationships. The small cast was getting a little claustrophobic to them.

http://tv.globo.com/ENT/Tv/Seriados/House/0,,AA1667975-7231,00-ENTREVISTA+H…
Visiter le site web du posteur
Publicité

MessagePosté le: Mar 8 Jan - 12:10 (2008)    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    DR HOUSE Index du Forum -> Les acteurs -> Hugh Laurie Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 2 Heures
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers:  

Index | Panneau d’administration | faire son forum | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation